After a long delay I'm back. We'll continue down the small path we've begun, this time the fork in the road takes us to more Godflesh. Their third full length, Selfless.
Selfless has been called Godflesh's "rock and roll"-album, even by Broadrick himself, and in my opinion it's not that far off. Although it's more accessible than their early material, it's not commercial or "selling out" by a far shot.
The album goes into the works with a familiar recipe. Although the twosome discard much of the noisy guitar tone and feedback, the hypnotic, repetitive and droning guitar riffs are still present. Green's bass is still heavy, thumping and audible in the mix. The Machines still provide the beats, always on time, always against the grain. The vocals are cleaned up more, and there's even clear singing. There is more melodious work on the album, which makes it sound almost upbeat and joyful at times, then bouncing back to some pulsating industrial grit.
In my honest opinion it's not their brightest release, and I know for a fact that I enjoy their less-polished early material more, but this is still noteworthy progression of a very diverse band. The ending track, the 20-minute Go spread your wings, is not Pure II, but it's really damn close.
What the hell, try it for yourself. Go ahead and see what you make of it. Hope you enjoy!
I see so much, burns my eyes, lift your arms up, touch the sky.
Download part 1
Download part 2
(95+78MB/320CBR)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment