Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cable Regime - Assimilate & destroy (1992)

After their first full length album, Life in the house of the enemy, both Cable Regime and Permis De Construire Deutschland were interested in the idea of a remix album.

After recieveing the prepayment from PDCD, Cable Regime once again set foot into Avalanche Studio and began remixing Assimilate & destroy, a track previously featured on their first full length, with Justin Broadrick.

Four different remixes and an untitled medley, comprised of the previous four remixes, placed end-to-end in a single continuous track, found their way onto the EP. With funky remix titles such as "Open sore in the pit of hell mix" and "Stupid vulgar son of a bitch mix" one surely can't go wrong?

As this happens to be the first material by Cable Regime that graced my ears, I'm simply going to answer "Of course not. Psychedelic and drugged out industrial rock remixes can never be wrong". While looping this disc in the background, I recommend digging into "The naked lunch" by Burroughs. A rather confusing, but growing experience.

Hope you enjoy!

"Systematic, systematic world control. Magnetic. Genetic. To match your soul."

Download part 1 | part 2
(95+34MB/320CBR)

7 comments:

  1. I so want to grab these but i got some right issues downloading rars except on mediafire.

    Oh, i've recently spent a small (pretty big actually) fortune on Rovo cd's. Gonna FLAC them up for my blogs first anniversary next week. just awaiting 2 more to arrive. Gotta go lossless with Rovo, though i'll mirror them at 32o also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw thats a fucking mint tracking widget you got at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll send you an email with mediafire mirrors when I'm done uploading them.

    Rovo + FLAC = YASS! Did you manage to score Pico on CD?

    ET is an ace tool for tracking referrer-based queries, also known as the "what the readers want to see and read about"-searches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ARGH!

    Pico is the only one i could not find.

    I got Imago, Pyramid, Sai, Flage, Mon, Condor and Noun.

    I'll leave the live stuff, although i can post in mp3 only.

    Will still try and hunt Pico. Maybe ebay perhaps.

    Cheers for the mediafire link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, scratch that last comment. I just ordered PICO from discogs ($40)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problemo with that link. I'm glad to help out and hope everything went OK.

    I'm glad you managed to snatch the one on Discogs, that's one killer disc! Cisco vitamin power!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice to find a godflesh friendly site!

    ReplyDelete