Friday, May 7, 2010

Pitch Shifter - Industrial (1991)

You know, this is just one of those things. When you decide to call your album Industrial, you better fucking deliver.

And they did.

Pitch Shifter was often called the bastard child of Godflesh, but in my opinion they added much more to the scene. The monotonous grunts, deliberately stiff drum programming (Trick question: does anybody recognize which drum machine it is :), gloomy atmosphere and pummeling palm muted riffs. Although I am admittedly a huge Godflesh fanboy, I always thought Pitch Shifter was more straightforward in their approach.

This is heavy, nasty and gritty industrial metal. There's no need to look any further. Enjoy!

"I'm an American, and I killed Americans. I'm a human being, and I killed human beings, and I did it in my society"
-Ed Kemper

Download
(85MB/320CBR)

1 comment:

  1. A very monotone "boring" emotionless piece of music ... and therefore my favourite Pitch Shifter album. It's a shame they later became an MTV-sponsored boyz band. Great live band during the early 1990's!
    You should check out Cain on my blog (a John Doom project).

    ReplyDelete